Thermospray Technology: Multi-Chamber Detonation Spraying (MCDS)
MCDS is designed for the deposition of high-quality cemented carbide and ceramic end metallic alloy coatings using HVOF/HVAF powders. An MCDS coating produces high particle velocity and temperature, which leads to an impermeable tungsten carbide coating. This coating has a hardness of up to 1300 HV300.
Sputtek serves a variety of industries with MCDS coating, including the printing, oil, gas, power generation, aerospace and paper industries. Please see the table below for a list of sample processes.
|WC-based powders||-30+10 μm
|600 - 800 m/s||80-90%||1,2 kg/h max|
|CrC-based powders||-25+5 μm||600 m/s||70-80%||1.2 kg/h max|
|Al2O3 – based powders||-20+5 μm||600 m/s||70-80%||1.2 kg/h max|
|ZrB2-MoSi2– based powders||-15+5 μm||1000-1200 m/s||50-60%||0.6 kg/h max|
|ZrSiO4 - based powders||-20+5 μm||1000-1200 m/s||60-70%||0.8 kg/h max|
|Metal (Ti,Ni,Cr,Mo,Cu…) – base powders||-45+5 μm||800-1000 m/s||80-90%||2-3 kg/h max|
- WC-based coatings with hardness of up to 1300 HV300
- Al2O3-based coatings with hardness of up to 1300 HV300
- Ti-based coatings with hardness of up to 1000 HV300
- Coating porosity typically below 0.5%
- Low compressive residual stresses in coatings
- Negligible oxide content in coatings